

Well, summer is half over and what a summer it’s been so far. It was all kicked off with one heck of a Memorial Day weekend and we just kind of kept up the pace from there. We’ve had lots of house guests. I love being a hostess.
Thanks to everyone who has visited and enjoyed the beach with us—Maranda, Devaney, Leslie, Jason, Nicole, Brian, Logan, Laura, Barbara, Lisa, Carson, and Corey it was a blast. Special props to Devaney, who made her first solo road trip just to see me and Maranda and Leslie who made the 5 ½ hour drive after Maranda got off of work at Boutin’s and arrived at 3:30 in the morning ready for the beach. And, welcome in advance to everyone who has requested a complimentary reservation at Hotel Baldwin for other dates this summer.
I’ve been working my summer job at the day camp. I can’t complain about getting paid to take kids to the beach. Vance has taken up a new hobby of obsessing about our yard. In fact, I think we’re planting trees in the back yard this week.
Vance and I did manage to take a wonderful vacation to Orlando, San Francisco, and the Livermore Wine Valley. I’m in love with California. We had a great time visiting with Vance’s family in California. They were wonderful. They’ve been right down the road from us in Fort Walton on their vacation so we’ve had the chance of visiting them here too.
For the fourth we were invited to join the Palfreys in Sea Grove for a traditional family 4th of July. It was great. A perfect beach day, great food, great drinks, great friends, great fireworks.
I can’t wait to see what the rest of the summer holds for us.
Thanks to everyone who has visited and enjoyed the beach with us—Maranda, Devaney, Leslie, Jason, Nicole, Brian, Logan, Laura, Barbara, Lisa, Carson, and Corey it was a blast. Special props to Devaney, who made her first solo road trip just to see me and Maranda and Leslie who made the 5 ½ hour drive after Maranda got off of work at Boutin’s and arrived at 3:30 in the morning ready for the beach. And, welcome in advance to everyone who has requested a complimentary reservation at Hotel Baldwin for other dates this summer.
I’ve been working my summer job at the day camp. I can’t complain about getting paid to take kids to the beach. Vance has taken up a new hobby of obsessing about our yard. In fact, I think we’re planting trees in the back yard this week.
Vance and I did manage to take a wonderful vacation to Orlando, San Francisco, and the Livermore Wine Valley. I’m in love with California. We had a great time visiting with Vance’s family in California. They were wonderful. They’ve been right down the road from us in Fort Walton on their vacation so we’ve had the chance of visiting them here too.
For the fourth we were invited to join the Palfreys in Sea Grove for a traditional family 4th of July. It was great. A perfect beach day, great food, great drinks, great friends, great fireworks.
I can’t wait to see what the rest of the summer holds for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment